Covid-19 Studio Protocols
Due to the ongoing need to keep our dancers, families, and staff as safe as possible, MotionArts has implemented the following protocols. Protocols are subject to change! Our current protocols are as follows:
1. We ask that you do not bring your dancer to class if they are not feeling well, have an elevated temperature or cough. If your dancer needs to miss class, we are happy to help you find an alternative class for your dancer to take as a make up for their missed class.
2. Our waiting area will be closed to non-dancers! Parents will need to wait in their vehicle or drop off their child for class and return at pick up.
3. Drop off and Pick up: we ask that you drop off your dancer at the front door or walk them up to the front door. We will have a staff member available at the front desk/lobby area to check your dancer in. Please make sure you have current cellphone numbers on your registration so we can call you if needed. Parents may enter the studio briefly only if warranted by staff. Parents should pick up their dancer outside at the front door under staff supervision. Dancers 11 and older may walk to their parents vehicle once they have let staff know.
4. Luckily our building has lots of windows! We are keeping all windows and doors open with multiple fans running to circulate fresh air. We ask that all dancers and staff wear face masks in the waiting areas and during class when we are unable to stay more then 6 feet apart. dancers must use hand sanitizer or wash hands before entering the studio. Hand sanitizer will be available at the front door, lobby, and in each studio.
5. Each dancer will have a distanced, designated, numbered spot in the waiting room to keep their bag, shoes, and coat so they are separated from other dancers' belongings. Dancers should remain in that spot until called to class.
6. We are keeping class sizes between 6-12 dancers in order to keep dancers spread out depending on the studio used. Markers will be placed on the studio floor and barres to help dancers stay spaced out.
7. Barres, any equipment used, and bathrooms will be wiped down with disinfectant between classes.
8. Any supplies used by dancers (for camps or class) for will be assigned to that dancer or staff member for that individual's use only.
9. Instructors will minimize any physical contact with dancers and plan classes that do not incorporate physical contact between dancers.
10. All common areas, handles, door knobs, railings, front desk equipment etc. will be cleaned with disinfectant daily and as needed.