Covid-19 Studio Protocols
Due to the ongoing need to keep our dancers, families, and staff as safe as possible, MotionArts has implemented the following protocols. Protocols are subject to change! Our current protocols are as follows:
1. We ask that you do not bring your dancer to class if they are not feeling well, have an elevated temperature or cough. If your dancer needs to miss class, we are happy to help you find an alternative class for your dancer to take as a make up for their missed class.
2. Our waiting area will be closed to non-dancers! Parents will need to wait in their vehicle or drop off their child for class and return at pick up.
3. Drop off and Pick up: we ask that you park and walk your dancer to the front door. We will have a staff member available at the front desk/lobby area to check your dancer in. Please make sure you have current cellphone numbers on your registration so we can call you if needed. Parents may enter the studio briefly only if warranted by staff. Parents should pick up their dancer outside at the front door under staff supervision. Dancers 11 and older may walk to their parents vehicle once they have let staff know.
4. Luckily our building has lots of windows! We are keeping all windows and doors open as wide as possible (weather permitting at 60* or warmer) with multiple fans running to circulate fresh air. Dancers may need to layer up as the weather gets cooler. All dancers and staff who are unvaccinated will need to wear a face mask in the waiting areas and during class. Vaccinated staff and dancers may choose whether or not they would like to wear a mask. Dancer should use hand sanitizer or wash hands upon entering the studio. Hand sanitizer will be available at the front door, lobby, and in each studio.
5. Each dancer will have a designated spot in the waiting room to keep their bag, shoes, and coat so they are separated from other dancers' belongings. Dancers should remain in that spot until called to class.
6. We are keeping class sizes between 6-14 dancers in order to keep dancers spread out depending on the studio used. Markers will be placed on the studio floor to help dancers stay spaced out.
7. Barres, any equipment used, and bathrooms will be wiped down with disinfectant between classes.
8. Any supplies used by dancers (for camps or class) for will be assigned to that dancer or staff member for that individual's use only.
9. Instructors will minimize any physical contact with dancers and plan classes that do not incorporate physical contact between dancers.
10. All common areas, handles, door knobs, railings, front desk equipment etc. will be cleaned with disinfectant daily and as needed.