Covid-19 Studio Protocols
Due to the ongoing need to keep our dancers, families, and staff as safe as possible, MotionArts will be implementing the following protocol starting with our 2020 summer programming. Protocols are subject to change! Our current protocols are as follows:
1. We ask that you do not bring your dancer to class if they are not feeling well, have an elevated temperature or cough. If your dancer needs to miss class, we are happy to help you find an alternative class for your dancer to take as a make up for their missed class.
2. Our waiting area will be closed (with the exception of Creative Movement students who may have one parent). Parents will need to wait in their vehicle or drop off their child for class and return at pick up.
3. Drop off and Pick up: we ask that you drop off your dancer at the front door or walk them up to the front door. We will have a staff member available at the front desk/ lobby area to check your dancer in. Please make sure you have current cellphone numbers on your registration so we can call you if needed. Parents may enter the studio briefly only if warranted by staff. Parents should pick up their dancer outside at the front door under staff supervision. Dancers 11 and older may walk to their parents vehicle once they have let staff know.
4. Each dancer will have a designated area to keep their bag, shoes, and coat so they are separated from other dancers' belongings.
5. We are keeping class sizes between 6-12 dancers in order to keep dancers spread out depending on the studio used. Markers will be placed on the studio floor and barres to help dancers stay spaced out.
6. Barres, any equipment used, and bathrooms will be wiped down with disinfectant between classes.
7. Any crafting supplies used by dancers for dance camps will be assigned to that camper or staff member for that individual's use only.
8. Hand Sanitizer will be available at the front desk and in the studios. Staff and Students should use sanitizer or wash hands before class begins and hands must be washed after any bathroom use.
9. Instructors will minimize any physical contact with dancers and plan classes that do not incorporate physical contact between dancers.
10. All common areas, handles, door knobs, railings, front desk equipment etc. will be cleaned with disinfectant daily and as needed.